What To Look For In a Technology Service Provider
The four most important reasons a client chooses and maintains a relationship with a technology provider are:
- Ease of doing business
- On time delivery
- Quality and function of the service
We suggest the following as you evaluate who to choose to deliver technology services to your company:
- Tour their facility without an appointment. This is how you get a reality check on the people, processes and technology they use to deliver their services
- Call the references they give you. No one is perfect. Ask for the strengths and struggles of the partnership. If they cannot give you constructive ways the provider can improve, they are not a good reference.
- Ask for samples of their reporting. No service is valuable or manageable unless you can measure it. Review the service providers reports and their frequency to determine if they meet your needs.
- Review their contract. You want a documented agreement that clearly states what is covered, what is not covered and contingencies. You also want to make sure you have a way to terminate with and without cause.
The final step is to seriously ask and answer for your company these three questions:
- Am I ready to make their outsource proposition a priority?
- Is this solution provider the company I need to do business with?
- How can I justify their services in my budget?
When you have all of the facts, the answers will just jump out at you.
Who we are
masterIT serves mid-south organizations with 20-500 employees. We help them leverage technology to be their market leaders.
If you're ready for a better IT outcome, contact us to start a conversation.