IT for business leaders
masterIT's video series
myth #4: it will never happen to us
It Will Never Happen to Us
When we meet an organization for the first time, we often hear, “We can’t be vulnerable to a hack or security breach. We don’t have any information anyone would want.” Interesting. During the last year, many SMBs have been victims of the biggest issues we have seen “spear phishing” campaigns. These emails are targeted at specific individuals or organizations with the intent of persuading the recipient to reveal confidential information. The messages are often personalized and official looking. By simply clicking on a link, you or someone in your organization, could infected your systems. The malware requires you to pay a ransom for an encryption key to unencrypt your data.
The attitude, it will never happen to us, actually, leads to this type of cyber-attack. We are working with our client base educating our end users on Statistics, Hacking Definitions, Hacked Companies, A Phishing Quiz, Common Ways Companies Are Hacked, Managing Passwords and Social Media. Learn more about masterIT...
Do any of these look familiar? If so, contact us today:
• "I'm confused about my IT spending and the result I'm getting"
• "My current IT provider is over promising and under delivering"
• “I’m fed up with my IT solution”
• “I run the rest of my business like a business. It’s time to run IT like a business”
• "The way we used to handle IT no longer works for us"
• "My IT guy just left. What do I do now?"
• "I want to hear another perspective on our IT issues"
• "I have no idea where we're headed in the future with our IT"
• "Is the cloud right for our situation/needs?"
• "Our IT is so messed up, I don't know where to begin"
• "I’m tired of the peaks and valleys in my IT spend"
• "I'm not sure my current IT provider is doing everything right"
Here's what our clients say:
Who we are
masterIT serves mid-south organizations with 20-500 employees. We help them leverage technology to be their market leaders.
If you're ready for a better IT outcome, contact us to start a conversation.